(last revised September 14, 2011)
At ShouldIRefi.com we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and keeping your information secure. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you use our services.
The Security We Use to Protect Your Information
ShouldIRefi.com understands that you have concerns with the security of the personal information you provide on this website. ShouldIRefi.com uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology which protects all data transmitted between you, ShouldIRefi.com, banks and loan brokers. In order to use the site, users will need to submit their information through an SSL- capable internet browser.
What Information We Collect From You
We collect various types of personal information about you during the normal course of offering and providing mortgage services. This includes but is not limited to: information you provide in order to purchase a home and/or obtain a home loan including your name, phone number, address, email address, employer's name and address, income, assets, liabilities, and answers to questions of both personal and financial matters; communications from you regarding your loan(s) such as a change of employment; information obtained from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies or credit bureaus, employers, depository institutions and others, that we use to evaluate a loan application; information that we may gather in compliance with certain laws and regulations, such as the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
We may share certain aggregated demographic and profile data with government agencies. Aggregate data excludes information that would enable any individual to be identified. We also collect certain data (including your IP address) about your visit to our web site in our log files to enable us to analyze site traffic and gather broad demographic data. The data in our log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, other ShouldIReverseMortgage.com, Inc. companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing of the Information Gathered on This Site
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. However, we will share your information with a member of ShouldIRefi.com in your area. We must share some of the information with our members which will be a local mortgage company in your area. We are also aware of laws in certain states that restrict the sharing of your personal information and we adhere to those restrictions.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our websites' terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Information Collected From You By Third Parties
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized members, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements and other materials on our websites, and to deploy technology for our benefit, for example, to load web pages quicker. We and these companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements and/or connect to our websites. Our websites do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows us and these companies to deliver and gauge, among other things, the effectiveness of targeted advertisements.
What Cookies Are and How They Are Used
Updating or Deleting Your Information, Including Demographic and Profile Data
You may update or delete your information at any time prior to completing an online data form. Once your online form is completed and submitted, you will not be able to change any of the information online. You will need to contact us via email, phone or postal mail to request that we update or delete your information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us.